Jan 21, 2015

Book Review: Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #6) By: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series:  Dark-Hunters #6
Published by St. Martin's Paperback on June 28th 2005
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 365
Goodreads
Mistress5 Zps7xky07jl by Mewberry-Chan
In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow: Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love. But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling. Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury and most likely executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die. Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?
Text Zpsktsyexnr by Mewberry-Chan

Get off me, you lard-ass, halitosis, flea-infested horror-movie reject! (Alexion)” 
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Sins of the Night

Everytime I pick up one of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunters book, it takes forever for me to put the darn thing down. Which is a good thing, I like staying up late to read I book I am enjoying. This book just takes another turn for me. Even though it isn't the people we got use to in the first couple of books, which I love them all dearly.

This one just told us a little bit more, not a lot, about Acheron. It drives me insane to know only a tad bit about a guy who is badass. Everytime there is an Acheron story line in one of the books I get all giddy because I can't wait to know more about him.

In this book though it is about a Dark-Huntress name Danger or Dangereuse and Alexion, Acheron's judge, jury, and executioner. We never really hear much about Dark-Huntress, so this book was really good since it was about one. This book had me on my tippy toes, the relationship between Danger and Alexion was amazing. Alexion only had a few days on earth because of what he is and he made use of his time with Danger. Danger gave him something he hasn't felt in years, love, compassion, happiness, sadness. I am glad he started to feel again, it made me happy. They both made a great relationship, Danger was strong about the whole ordeal when Alexion told her what he really was. She didn't back away from him and cry about it. She told it like a women and knew that when he had to go that was it.

Towards the end of the book when the fighting was going down and Alexion was battling it out with Stryker. I cried because I really thought it was the end of Alexion and Danger, I felt so bad for Alexion. He found his one true love and the chair was kicked out right from under him. But knowing Acheron he always does the impossible and he sure did, that is what I love about Acheron is his compassion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment