Jan 14, 2015

Book Review: Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3) By Sherrilyn Kenyon


Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Dark Hunters #3 
Published by St. Martin's Press on November 28th 2008 
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 343
Mistress5 Zps7xky07jl by Mewberry-Chan
Zarek's Point of View: Dark-Hunter: A soulless guardian who stands between mankind and those who would see mankind destroyed. Yeah, right. The only part of that Code of Honor I got was eternity and solitude. Insanity: A condition many say I suffer from after being alone for so long. But I don't suffer from my insanity-I enjoy every minute of it. Trust: I can't trust anyone...not even myself. The only thing I trust in is my ability to do the wrong thing in any situation and to hurt anyone who gets in my way. Truth: I endured a lifetime as a Roman slave, and 900 years as an exiled Dark-Hunter. Now I'm tired of enduring. I want the truth about what happened the night I was exiled-I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Astrid (Greek, meaning star): An exceptional woman who can see straight to the truth. Brave and strong, she is a point of light in the darkness. She touches me and I tremble. She smiles and my cold heart shatters. Zarek: They say even the most damned man can be forgiven. I never believed that until the night Astrid opened her door to me and made this feral beast want to be human again. Made me want to love and be loved. But how can an ex-slave whose soul is owned by a Greek goddess ever dream of touching, let alone holding, a fiery star?

Text Zpsktsyexnr by Mewberry-Chan

Dance with the Devil is the book in this long series. Oh boy do I love books, especially when they are in a long series. It just keeps getting better and better!


Anyway now that the dancing is aside lets get down to this review shall we. In this book we are getting everything in Zarek's point of view. The book starts basically when he is on the airplane leaving from New Orleans, so right off from "Night Embrace". This book is another one of my favorites out of 4 I read so far. 

Zarek was banished away to Alaska from the other Dark-Hunters because he "failed" to protect the town he was assigned to. Artie or Artemis wants him dead and Acheron doesn't want him dead because he thinks he can change. So far Kyrian and Talon changed so why can't he. So Artemis and Acheron decided to send a judge out to convict him of his so called "crimes", and tell them "Yeah he is a freaking manic who doesn't care for anyone so kill him."

In this book the main characters were Zarek and Astrid. I know kind of a weird name huh, but she is really sweet and is very fond of her job. I like Zarek, I know deep down inside he wants to be near people and talk to people, make friends. But his whole human life was horrible and I started to feel more and more for Zarek. When I started to learn more about his past and when he was telling it to Astrid and she wanted to cry. I wanted to cry too!

Zarek had a hard life, now he has no idea what is ahead of him when his own kind is after him and he is being judged. Astrid also has no idea what she is in for, ok well maybe she does her sister's tell her he is crazy and needs to be judged harshly. Talk about a big giant roller coaster ride to hell huh. The more you progress in each book the more you learn about each character and who Acheron is. 

So far this series is my favorite and I can't wait to read more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment