Feb 28, 2015

Character interview with Sebastian Colby

Interview with Sebastian Colby
Catina: Thank you so much Sebastian for stopping by and doing an interview for us. I know you are busy with the Inquisitors, but it is still greatly appreciated

Catina: Tell me about yourself?
Sebastian: My name is Sebastian Colby PhD, I used be a research chemist. I was married, had a home and a dog, we were expecting out first child. That changed when I found a strange book, what I now know is a grimoire. A witch wanted is and sent one her minions to retrieve it. I was framed for the murder, and sent for a psychiatric evaluation awaiting trial. I was rescued, and fully exposed to the hidden world, one of madness magic and monsters. Now I'm Brother Sebastian, and I hunt witches.
Catina: What is your occupation?
Sebastian: To most I am a monk with of the Poor Brothers of Gethsemane, a minor order of the Benedictines but really part of the secret Order of Inquisitors. As we are some of the few who can see magic, we are charged with protecting the innocent.

Catina: Do you enjoy every bit of it?
Sebastian: I was a scientist, exposing me to things like magic and monsters was a huge shock. I'm still processing it. I believe, but it's hard. I'm new and not confident in my ability to do my job. I have doubts, and the things I see grate on my mind, the things I do make me feel unclean at times.
Catina: Can you tell us a little bit about your family?
Sebastian: Sarah, my wife, is dead, my in-laws think I killed their daughter. I am still wanted in connection with her death. My new family is made up of men like me. Inquisitors. I'm still unsure if I fit in, or for how long I can do this job.
Catina: If you could change something about your life what would it be?
Sebastian: I want to go back to the way things were, before I even laid eyes on that grimoire. That I was still ignorant of the hidden world.
Catina: What is your favorite memory?
Sebastian: Sarah playing her cello naked, her long red hair framing her face, and what happened next.
Catina: What are you most afraid of?
Sebastian: That my dead wife will never forgive me, that I can never avenge her, and that I will not be with her when I die.
Catina: Which talent would you most like to have?
Sebastian: To play the violin, to honor my wife who was a cellist. Maybe if I can learn I can get her forgiveness for failing her, for letting her die.
Catina: What are you especially proud of in your life?
Sebastian: At the moment I have very little to be proud of; I survive.
Catina: How do you decide you can trust someone?
Sebastian: For most people I can't only other Inquisitors.
Catina: What is your most treasured possession?
Sebastian: I have a wedding picture of me and my wife that I keep, even though it is a breach of tradecraft.
Catina: What is your motto?
Sebastian: Vengeance first, forgiveness in time.

Stalk Sebastian's good friend Lincoln to learn more about the Inquisitor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment