May 18, 2017

Book Review and Tour: Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney

33851538
Title: Black Dawn
Author: Mallory McCartney
Published by: Clean Reads Publishing
Published Date: Feb 14, 2017
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Pages: 180
Goodreads
3 Half by Mewberry-Chan

The end of an Empire, the rise of a Queen

Emory Fae enjoys leading a quiet, normal life. That is until two mysterious, and handsome soldiers show up at her apartment, and the life she knew is instantly whisked away. Memphis Carter and Brokk Foster come from the magical and war ridden world of Kiero, and upon Emory's arrival she will discover she is the long-lost heir to the Royal Line and is thrown into the Black Dawn Rebellion with a dynamic role to ignite the rebels and reclaim her throne.

With both men being darkly woven in her past Emory uncovers hidden secrets, a power held long dormant, and will soon realize there are worse things than supernatural humans, love, loss, betrayal, and a Mad King.

Some things are better left in the shadows


Text Zpsktsyexnr by Mewberry-Chan
Black Dawn is the first book tin the series by Mallory McCartney. It was a really good read and with it being a short story so much has happened in the book. It was a really amazing story. I was confused at first during the beginning with the Prologue and then the start of the book but once I understood what was going on I enjoyed it just as much as the next person. My one concern is there were so many different people. I do love all the points of views but I really didn't get to know everyone within that short bit of time during the book. I guess that is why I was so confused at first cause you were throw into multiple perspectives.

Black Dawn is placed in a fantasy world called Kiero. Everyone here has unique abilities. A king named Adair took the throne by force by killing almost everyone in the fae line. "Almost". The last person in the fae line is Emory Fae. She asked her friends Brokk and Memphis to send her away so she doesn't get killed. But thus leaving behind her world and her friends to fight this mad man. Not everyone is to happy about her return, they are upset because she just left them to fend for themselves. Brokk and Memphis on the other hand are glad to see her.

Which this book I don't seem to have a favorite character yet. I do like Nyx because she has that bad ass attitude. I also felt sorry for what she was going through with Memphis. But then she kind of pissed me off because of what she did but I should of known she was going to do it. Emory was another character who I like because even though with everything that was going on she actually didn't try to leave like she said she was going to do in the beginning. She trucked it all out which gave her the "I am in for the long haul" trophy. Brokk was another character that I enjoyed reading about. I also felt sorry for him because of what Memphis did. But learning about his and Emory's story kind of made me sad.

One other thing that had me dislike Memphis is because of what he did to Emory and Brokk. But this love square thingy has to go and I think it did when I found out the story about Brokk and Emory. Now that just makes me mad cause through the whole beginning I was hoping it would be Brokk and Emory. But that went out the door freaking faster that I could say banana. The other thing is I felt like the ending was a bit rushed in my opinion. But with everything that was going on in a short amount of time I can understand. Other than that it was a great read and I cannot wait for the next book.
 

Author Bio


C:\Users\Majanka\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Word\13237800_10153446321212237_1319046967828309958_n.jpg
Mallory McCartney currently lives in London, Ontario with her husband and their two dachshunds Link and Lola. Black Dawn is her debut novel, the first in a series. When she isn’t working on her next novel or reading, she can be found dog grooming, book shopping and hiking. Other favorite pastimes involve reorganizing perpetually overflowing bookshelves and seeking out new coffee and dessert shops.  


Links

0 comments:

Post a Comment